World Tea Specialty Store "Lupicia"
LUPICIA offers more than 400 kinds of fresh teas throughout the year, ranging from seasonal teas to our original blends and flavored teas. We invite you to journey into the fascinating world of tea with LUPICIA.
In order to ensure freshness, we pack most of our teas in 50-gram packages filled with nitrogen. There are also tin-packed teas suitable for gifts or for storage. (Tin will be provided separately for product which exceeds tin volume.)
Tea classification and color of labels
Teas are classified with labels, tin seals and symbol marks.
- Plantation Specified / Seasonal & Limited
- Teas available seasonally or in limited quantities. You can fully enjoy the season's best taste.
- Plantation Specified
- Tea produced in specific plantations and regions. Enjoy the specific character of these regional offerings.
- Original Blend
- Standard tea leaves from one ore more different regions or plantations which are blended producing a well-balanced tea with a new unique flavor and aroma.
- Flavored Tea
- Teas infused with an array of fruits, flowers and other flavors that complement certain characteristics of the tea creating a new taste sensation.
- Herbal Tea
- Black, green and oolong teas are enhanced with handpicked herbs and grains resulting in a fragrant blend with herbal benefits.
- Wellness Tea
- Wellness blends like rooibos, honeybush and chamomile, are crafted carefully to promote health, vigor, and acuity.
*Though full of vitamins and minerals, the Wellness teas that contain Mate also contain caffeine.
Grade of Tea
Tea leaves are sorted by size and categorized by each grade.
- FOP (Flowery Orange Pekoe)
- Found at branch tip
- OP (Orange Pekoe)
- The 2nd leaf from from the tip of the stem
- The 3rd bud on the stem used in most black teas
- PEKOE SOUCHONG
- The 4th bud from branch tip
- A larger leaf found on the 5th bud from the branch tip
- TGFOP (Tippy Golden FOP)
- Superior-grade FOP
- A finer grade TGFOP
- SFTGFOP (Special FTGFOB)
- The very best of FTGFOP
- BPS (Broken Pekoe Souchong)
- A type of Pekoe Souchong
- BP (Broken Pekoe)
- A broken-type of Pekoe
- BOP (Broken Orange Pekoe)
- A broken-type of Orange Pekoe
- BOPF (BOP Fanning)
- A stronger flavored BOP
- TGFBOP (Tippy Golden FBOP)
- The finest broken type tea
- CTC (Crush, Tear and Curl)
- The tea leaves are crushed, torn, and curled